Skip to content

Hold Hands

David Nunez
David Nunez
1 min read

I’m very nervous about tomorrow.

We are having a “Staff Retreat” out at McKinney Roughs (a state park).

It’s going to involve intervention-style “team-building” activities (you know, get- to-know-and-trust-you games, “trust falls,” “crossing the lava pit,” “key, key who has the key,” “she knows!”… (shudder!)) and then some strategy discussion to round out the day.

It’s one of those things that has a 1% chance of actually creating life changing breakthroughs and 99% chance of going horribly, horribly wrong… no in-between.

Not to mention it’s not an abbreviated day, despite the field trip (full 8 hours of wholesomeness).

Who knows what to expect.

Rest assured I will take copious notes and report back.


David Nunez Twitter

Dir of Technology at the MIT Museum • Writing about emerging tech's impact on your life • Speculative insights on the intersection of humanity and technology 🤖


Related Posts

FCC's Vote against Net Nuetrality is a disservice to museums

Yesterday, the FCC voted to repeal the 2015 Open Internet Order and dismantle the order’s strong net neutrality rules (New York Times summary of what happened). You have probably read about how this might impact broadband quality for things like streaming television or even basic websites via tiered access

FCC's Vote against Net Nuetrality is a disservice to museums

Requiem for Rhinos - behind the scenes video

Automatically Unshortening Links in Wordpress Posts

On this site, I have the Broken Links Checker Plugin chugging away in the background. He tirelessly checks and rechecks every link in every post to find URLs that no longer work; pages sometimes just disappear. In most cases, I’m able to use the Internet Archive Wayback Machine to

Automatically Unshortening Links in Wordpress Posts