Whoops, silly me. How could I forget that Tock requires… ohhhh, let’s see… A DATABASE to run?
Well so much for doing a cool demo for Rip and Carissa. Too bad.
At least I have screenshots.
For your amusement, I’ll share the content of one of my slides titled “David’s Philosophy”
Currently available technology focuses on:
- generation of new explicit knowledge
- Organizing and finding knowledge in the system
Knowledge is all fine and good; it’s necessary fodder for our work.
I’m more interested in what happens AFTER we’ve collected and organized knowledge- How can we innovate using this tool?
I prefer to call all this “Ideas Management”
- The Repository is a springboard for innovation – a collection of ideas that we can synthesize and learn from to solve problems
- A well-organized and comprehensive repository of knowledge will allow us to recognize patterns.
- My focus is on using and sharing information rather than just storing and organizing.
- Major emphasis on communication and community