Robot Wonders and Wanderings 2012-07-07
- Blinky™ on Vimeo – Horror short film about a robot helper at home – things go wrong. Horribly wrong.
I thought the robot’s smile was an especially fantastic design touch.
Furby 2012 has been (officially) announced
- Uses cheap-o LCDs for eyes
- No off switch
- some more thought to its “furbish” language processing
- “The more you speak, the more chatty it becomes — speak enough and will begin incorporating more English words into its speech”
- There is an iOS app that listens to furby speak and then provides translations
- sample coverage:
- Giddyup, Robot Doggies! Autonomous Soldiers Square Off at Army Robotics Rodeo | Danger Room | Wired.com
“For 10 sweltering days in mid-June, a small army of crawling, rolling, hopping and hovering robots invaded Ft. Benning, Georgia, a sprawling training post near the Alabama border. The occasion: the U.S. Army’s Robotics Rodeo, a competitive evaluation of the latest ground-combat robots.”
- Fritz’s, fast food with a robotic slant – Hack a Day
Cleverbot – Clever them! Cleverbot AI Avatars talk to each other about life, the universe and everything
“Cleverbot AI and avatars talk to each other about life, the universe and everything”
David Nuñez Newsletter
Join the newsletter to receive the latest updates in your inbox.