Man dies in vat of chocolate
July 24, 2002 | HATFIELD, Pa. (AP) -- A candy factory worker died after being submerged in a 1,200-gallon vat of liquefied chocolate, police said.
Yoni Cordon, 19, of Philadelphia, was discovered in the vat by co-workers at the Kargher Corporation on Tuesday, authorities said.
Police said they believe Cordon had been working on a platform near the opening of the vat, which is used for mixing and melting chocolate.
Nobody saw Cordon fall and it was unknown how long he was submerged before he was found, Hatfield Township police detective Patrick M. Hanrahan said.
Hanrahan said foul play was not suspected and the death was being investigated as an accident.
(First episode drops on August 13, 2020)
Keep up with weekly resources about our rapidly evolving cyborganic relationship with technology. Topics include humanity inside computers, technology culture, digital artifacts, and augmented productivity for 21st century knowledge work.
I won't ever give away your email address. You can always unsubscribe. No hard feelings.